Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Tax

fatquad Guest

Default Road Tax

What are your quads class as with road tax EG private /light goods or motorcycle etc

Mine is PLG £120 for 12 months but have just spoke to DVLA and they say there is other classes that are cheaper but wont tell me what they are have just been told to go to local office.

memphis 1 Guest

Exclamation Re: Road Tax

HiFatquad,trying to get the dvla to be co-operative....good luck with that.Theyre under strict instructions to deflect any attempts by people to change their taxation classes.They will be helpful up to a certain point..but its no point stating a fair and logical arguement or case to them because like most civil servants in this country they see themselves as accountable to no one ,least of all the public motorists who pay their wages...my local office was great,,up to that minimum customer service level..until you ask them to change a major detail...then that penpushing "i dont have to listen or deal with you..".look comes on their face and you realise the Gobshi##s seem to think they are a law unto themselves.I pay £66 per 6 months for an Apache 250 which kicks out less **** into the atmosphere than the lowest emitting zero rated[cost] car.The motto of this government is.."bend over and take the hit..or we'll make your life an even worse misery"As has been said before on this forum,we are not well enough organised as a motoring interest group to make any politician care about doing anything for us re -tax etc.

fatquad Guest

Default Re: Road Tax

Quote Originally Posted by memphis 1 View Post
    HiFatquad,trying to get the dvla to be co-operative....good luck with that.Theyre under strict instructions to deflect any attempts by people to change their taxation classes.They will be helpful up to a certain point..but its no point stating a fair and logical arguement or case to them because like most civil servants in this country they see themselves as accountable to no one ,least of all the public motorists who pay their wages...my local office was great,,up to that minimum customer service level..until you ask them to change a major detail...then that penpushing "i dont have to listen or deal with you..".look comes on their face and you realise the Gobshi##s seem to think they are a law unto themselves.I pay £66 per 6 months for an Apache 250 which kicks out less **** into the atmosphere than the lowest emitting zero rated[cost] car.The motto of this government is.."bend over and take the hit..or we'll make your life an even worse misery"As has been said before on this forum,we are not well enough organised as a motoring interest group to make any politician care about doing anything for us re -tax etc.
    How right you are, its took me 4 calls and nearly an hour to get an explanition of tax classes on Quads.
    Under 150 CC and over 150CC are the 2 classes so its 66 or 120 and pay it or face the courts was the basis of thier answer.

memphis 1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fatquad View Post
    How right you are, its took me 4 calls and nearly an hour to get an explanition of tax classes on Quads.
    Under 150 CC and over 150CC are the 2 classes so its 66 or 120 and pay it or face the courts was the basis of thier answer.
    Hey Fatquad,at least we can say we pay our way unlike these sandal wearing hippie freak 2cv and Prius driving types we're in a class of our own ! Good luck with the DVLA...and if any civil servants are reading this..ive got a great idea for a place where you can store all those pens and pencils you steal from work that we pay for..but i dont think youre gonna like where it is that i suggest you insert them.........SIDEWAYS..! !
    Last edited by memphis 1; 6th February 2009 at 21:18. Reason: spelling misyake

fatquad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by memphis 1 View Post
    Hey Fatquad,at least we can say we pay our way unlike these sandal wearing hippie freak 2cv and Prius driving types we're in a class of our own ! Good luck with the DVLA...and if any civil servants are reading this..ive got a great idea for a place where you can store all those pens and pencils you steal from work that we pay for..but i dont think youre gonna like where it is that i suggest you insert them.........SIDEWAYS..! !
    oh no, should i not be wearing sandals on my quad lol
    ive already learnt you cant fight the system so i just paid it online today

no worries Guest

its to do with the emissions when first
    registered, unless you can prove and get yours changed
    on the log book id give up, had this prob
    myself, might be worth contacting vosa
    and asking if this is something
    they could do.

ParCan Guest

Hi Everyone

By way of an Intorduction, I ride a Moto Guzzi and have a SECMA Qpod Fun 350 (Currently in need of a new Ignition coil) to keep me dry in the winter and the salt off the Guzzi....
    Why a qpod - that's easy - I only have a B1 License. Never done my Car Test.

It seems that every Quad forum has a long and ongoing set of Raod tax threads, so I, with the Qpod Forum, decided a while back to do something about it.

IF you feel that the Road Tax on Quads is unfair can I encourage you to wonder over to:
    Petition to: review the Vehicle Excise Duty (VED / Road Tax) paid on road legal Quadricycles which fall outside of the C02 emissions testing at the Type Approval stage, and bring VED for Quadricycles in line with other similarly sized vehicles classed as 'Cars' which are CO2 tested and therfore charged at much lower rates. | Number10.gov.uk

Sign up to the Petition and click the link in the Email they send you to register your signature.

If you really want to help, you can go to your other Forums and invite others to sign up.
    (It looks really bad if just 1 person turns up on like 20 Forums trying to peddle a petition)

50 sigs is not going to make any change.
    A few Hundred might just get us an "Official" response.
    A few Thousand and we might just get some action and a fairer tax on Quads.

Thanks

Alex.

660raptor Guest

Sorry to be a bit of a downer this gets tried at least 3 times a year.you will need a responce in the millions to even have a chance,but good luck anyway

I think there is another road tax petition that has 125,000 signatures . I wonder if they will listen ?

Anyway £120 means exactly ( choose only one )

25 packs Mayfair

21 of Malborough Lights

1 pair of nike trainers

30 botles of cheap cheap wine

25 Chicken fillet tower meals from kfc

120 Mini filets kfc

One 17" goodmake car tyre

32 bigmac's (not meal)

Think of band G car next year.... £400

Wouldnt be that much if we wouldnt be taxed to death everywhere else ....
    ITS HOME MADE BUT MADE WITH LOOOOVE

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    its to do with the emissions when first
    registered, unless you can prove and get yours changed
    on the log book id give up, had this prob
    myself, might be worth contacting vosa
    and asking if this is something
    they could do.

Personal: Yamaha Raptor 700 £120, mileage approx 1500 per year n/a mpg
    Personal: Vauxhall Vectra 3.0V6 CDTI £220, mileage approx 10,000 per year @ av 48mpg
    Company: Ford Transit 280 GLX 110 £120, mileage approx 75,0000 per year @ av 32mpg

Even if it based on emmissions and my Transit is twice as good as my vectra with the amount of emmisions it produces then the current way road tax is calculated is still wrong, a company vehicle on the road 7 1/2 times more than my car is still producing over 3 times the amount of pollution due to the higher mileage it covers in the same year. I'm not even going to calculate the comparison with the quad at the same road tax cost.

The best thing I have heard so far is the city 4x4 troop being hit by huge increases in parking permits, this might lead to people that really need a 4x4 alone in rural areas.

phew, I feel better now !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast